I’m integrating Livecycle with coldfusion 8, this entry walks through all the steps and challenges.
- First download LCDS Express (free for one cpu)
- Video on LCDS ES
- Learn how to integrate LCDS with coldfusion 8 – the instructions on this page are really confusing and they are a bitch… i woulda thought some kind of update would have been made to make it a little easier and less confusing
- Make the mistake of following the first link like i did when i started googling stuff, here is the lcds 2.6 beta along with the cf 8 compiler module, but again, i’m not even sure what i need that for yet…
- Here is how to integrate cf8 with BlazeDS as well
- Take a look at an example coldfusion flex app from joao onflexwithcf
I think with all of the manual adjustments of all of the xml config files, it’s a pain in the ass, and a bit confusing… it reminds me of flex 1.5 and the feeling i got when going through all of the intall stuff with that… it was like… do i really have to do all this just to try and learn it… ? i mean this isn’t even using the language, or the feature of the program, this is simply trying to get it up and running… and when you stumble on the setup and it doesn’t work, you tend to steer away to something that you do get… for me when flex 1.5 was out, i focused on coldfusion, and building my skills in that… but when flex 2 came out, it was much more simplified… and you no longer needed the server, and i jumped on full force…
so to me l think lcds has some ways to go… maybe an air app to adjust all of the xml files for you? how bout that one adobe? where you at?
anyway, i eventually got it all up and running and it went very smoothly, it was just scary copying and pasting all of these files, and backing them up manually…
anyway hopefully some of these links will help someone.